Office of Strategic Communication
The Office of Strategic Communication tells the University of Iowa’s story. We connect with key audiences via established and emerging channels, working with partners across the university to advance institutional priorities.
Here’s a snapshot of our work
- Leadership and strategy: We develop key messages, communication plans, visual identity systems, and additional tools that help us speak with a common voice.
- Coordination and collaboration: We work with university leaders, campus communicators, and other partners to achieve shared goals.
- Crisis communications: We help manage emergencies and other challenges, championing direct, clear, and open communication.
- News and media relations: We share university news with the world and connect local, national, and international media with UI people and programs.
- Integrated marketing communications: We plan and implement comprehensive campaigns that use each method or medium to its fullest advantage.
- Multimedia content: We create original, cross-platform content that tells the university’s story in works, photos, video, graphics, interactive media, and more.
- Digital communications and social media: We use the university’s primary web resources and central social media channels to engage audiences everywhere.
- Internal communications: We build a strong community with timely communications to faculty, staff, students, and others who care about our university.